Barber or Barber Junction
The community is named after W. P. Barber who the railroad purchased the land from in order to build the junction. In 1898, a Victorian style depot was built for freight and passengers as a number of passengers would change trains here.
|The restored Barber Junction Station at the NC Transportation Museum|
Today, the original Barber Junction Train Depot can be found at the North Carolina Transportation Museum. The station was moved to the museum site in Spencer and restored in 1980.
How To Get There: