Campbell Covered Bridge
The last remaining covered bridge in South Carolina is located in the state's Upstate Region. The Campbell Covered Bridge, a 38' Howe Truss span, crosses over Beaverdam Creek in Greenville County. The bridge was built in 1909 and named after Lafayette Campbell who owned the land that the bridge was built on. The bridge has been restored twice in 1964 and 1990. Campbell's Bridge was one of four covered bridges that were built in Greenville County in the early 20th century and is now part of the Greenville County Park System. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.
- From SC 11 - turn south onto SC 14 - follow SC 14 to SC 414 and turn right.
- Follow SC 414 until Pleasant Hill Road and turn left
- Turn right onto Campbell Covered Bridge road. Parking is available.
Sources & Links:
- Campbell Covered Bridge - Greenville County Parks
- Campbell's Covered Bridge - DiscoverSouthCarolina.com
- Campbell's Covered Bridge - South Carolina Picture Project